Wednesday, September 4, 2013
7 weeks old!
I can't believe she has already been here 7 weeks, I absolutely fall more and more in love with her every single day! So happy and so blessed to be her Mommy! Aunt Melinda and big cousin Caroline came to visit for a week! We were so happy to see them and to meet Caroline for the first time! Caroline and Alexis absolutely loved each other...Alexis couldn't keep her eyes off Caroline and smiling and Caroline couldn't keep her hands and kisses off Alexis! It was the sweetest thing to watch! Of course, Alexis loved being spoiled by Aunt Melinda as well:) Aunts really do make the best of friends! I had my final postpartum checkup and it went well, I am healing great and cleared to drive and do everything! Alexis had her first neurologist appointment and it was excellent! She now weighs 8 lbs 4 oz, girl loves to eat! The neurologist said her EEG looks normal...Praise the Lord! I haven't heard any sweeter news in a long time! He also said it would be a long road of seeing if she is developmentally delayed, meaning does she roll over on time or sit up on time. Prayers still needed please as we reach those milestones! The neurologist is also weaning Alexis off her phenobarbital and has ordered another EEG on October 4th. My mom went home with Melinda and Caroline and I was so sad to see her go, there is nothing like having your Mama help you when you need it the most. I am so thankful and blessed she was able to be here and help me for as long as she did, she will never know how much that meant to me! ECI came yesterday and we officially qualified for the program! We will have physical therapy twice a month, occupational therapy once a month, and a case manager twice a month. We went and saw the doctors who saved Alexis' life today and they were so happy and amazed how great she was doing! So thankful that the sweet pediatrician prayed to God for advice and listened to him as he told her how to save our baby girl! Without her and her relationship with God, we would have lost our sweet Alexis! Heres some pictures, more next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










































No comments:
Post a Comment