I can hardly believe that it has been 2 whole months since our sweet baby girl was born! These have seriously been the best two months of my life getting to be a Mommy to the sweetest little baby around. She is getting bigger, chunkier, taller, cuter, and more loveable everyday...what in the world did I do before she was here. The saying is true...you really don't know how much you can love someone until you become a Mom. I catch myself so many times throughout the day just staring at her in amazement and my heart filled with joy. It's the little times in the middle of the night when you are so exhausted and she just doesn't want to go back to sleep...you're so frustrated but she looks at you and smiles, and your heart melts. I know over these last two months, I have grown up so much...I have learned what my true priorities in life are and what matters most:) We have had a few events since I posted last: we went bowling with Daddy's work, had a few football watching dates at friends' houses, celebrated Daddy's 26th birthday, went to our first MOPS meeting, watched Daddy play football, etc. The most important event was our pediatrician visit...Alexis now weighs 8 pounds 9 ounces (girl loves to eat and eat and eat), is 21 1/2 inches long, the doctor was very pleased and how she is advancing and sees no problems so far. The sad part of that visit was she had to get six shots, she did not appreciate it very much at all...but I think Mommy cried more then she did. And then we turned 2 months old...time sure does fly by when you're having fun! Thanks for all the prayers and support, please keep them coming! She is now weaned down to 0.5 ml of the Phenobarbital for the next 2 weeks and then we will be off of that medicine. We will have our next EEG on October 4th to see if she is doing well without the medication! That's all for now, not much to update, but remember no news is good news in this situation:) Here's some pictures to enjoy!




































No comments:
Post a Comment